2203 SuperPlexi amplifier
The Granger 2203 SuperPlexi valve amplifier is a hand-wired reproduction of the 80’s era 100 watt master volume amps that were heard on countless hard rock and metal recordings. Plenty of gain on tap, but chords and notes remain full and focused, and cut through any mix. The controls are classic. There are no footswitches, internal relays, or other signal-degrading components. It is based on tried and true circuitry and rock-solid construction methods. There are two inputs, one high and one low gain (sensitivity). The preamp consists of 3 ECC83S valves and power is rectified by UF4007 diodes to produce a punchy, tight powerful low end. The power section runs on four EL34 which produce over 120 watts when fully overdriven into saturation. For the service-minded player, an external bias adjustment with low voltage test points allows the user to bias the amp when replacing valves without removing the chassis.
Granger 2203 SuperPlexi features:
- Handcrafted in USA
- Custom US Made power and output transformers
- Printed circuit board wiring (two-sided, through-hole plating)
- Output (RMS): 100 watts
- Preamp valves: 3 x ECC83S
- Power amp valves: 4 x EL34
- Diode rectification
- Presence control
- Bass, Middle, Treble controls
- Preamp Gain
- Master Volume (pre-phase inverter)
- “Plexi” type control knobs
- 4/8/16 ohm impedance selector switch
- Carling switches
- Cliff input jacks
- Cliff output jacks
- Chassis external Bias test and adjust
- Dimensions: 30″W x 10-1/4″H x 8″D
- Weight: 48 lbs.
Note: All Granger amplifiers are custom built per order. Please see our Ordering page for more information and turnaround times.