2204 Plexi amplifier
The Granger 2204 Plexi valve amplifier is hand-wired 50 watt all tube, inspired by the 80’s era master volume amps that were heard on countless hard rock and metal recordings. This 50 watt screamer carries on that tradition. Plenty of gain on tap, but chords and notes remain full and focused, and cut through any mix. The controls are classic. There are no footswitches, internal relays, or other signal-degrading components. It is based on tried and true circuitry and rock-solid construction methods. There are two inputs, high and low sensitivity (gain). The preamp consists of 3 ECC83S valves and power is rectified by a solid state diodes to produce a punchy, tight powerful low end. The power section runs on two EL34 which produce over 50 watts when fully overdriven into saturation. For the service-minded player, an external bias adjustment with low voltage test points allows the user to bias the amp when replacing valves without removing the chassis.
Granger 2204 Plexi features:
- Handcrafted in USA
- Hammond power and output transformers
- Printed circuit board wiring (two-sided, through-hole plating)
- Output (RMS): 50 watts
- Preamp valves: 3 x ECC83S
- Power amp valves: 2 x EL34
- Solid state rectification
- Presence control
- Bass, Middle, Treble controls
- Preamp Gain
- Master Volume (pre-phase inverter)
- “Plexi” type control knobs
- 4/8/16 ohm impedance selector switch
- Carling switches
- Cliff input jacks
- Cliff output jacks
- Chassis external Bias test and adjust
- Dimensions: 26″W x 10-1/4″H x 8″D (head)*
- Weight: 34 lbs.
Note: All Granger amplifiers are custom built per order. Please see our Ordering page for more information and turnaround times.
Pricing and Options