D50 Overdrive Custom
The Granger D50 Overdrive Custom valve amplifier is a hand-wired tone machine that is at home in jazz, blues, rock, metal or any other genre. Two footswitchable channels of magical boutique tone, with extremely adjustable levels of gain, drive, and volume. Chords and notes remain full and focused, and cut through any mix, even at higher gain settings. The controls are extremely flexible and interactive, and allow a player to exactly dial in their desired tone. There are two inputs, Normal and FET. The FET input has an active boost stage to hit the preamp tube even harder (similar to our SuperFET Jack). Channel volumes, as well as Ratio and Drive controls on the Overdrive channel, along with Power Amp controls allow for precise settings and a large range of gain and volume. Mini Toggle switches on the front panel include Bright (on/off), Deep (on/off), and Blues/Rock for even more variations in tone. The back panel has Mini Toggle switches for channel switching and Preamp Boost, which are also switchable via included 2-button LED footswitch.
The preamp consists of 3 ECC83S valves and power is rectified by a solid state diodes to produce a punchy, tight powerful low end. The power section runs on two 6L6GC which produce over 50 watts when fully overdriven into saturation. For the service-minded player, an external bias adjustment with low voltage test points allows the user to bias the amp when replacing valves without removing the chassis.
Granger D50 Overdrive Custom features:
- Handcrafted in USA
- Classictone US-made power and output transformers
- Eyelet board wiring
- Output (RMS): 50 watts
- Preamp valves: 3 x JJ ECC83S
- Power amp valves: 2 x JJ 6L6GC
- Solid state (diode) rectification
- Channel switching via footswitch or rear-panel switch
- Preamp Boost via footswitch or rear-panel switch
- FET and Normal inputs
- Presence control
- Master Volume
- Shared Bass, Middle, Treble controls
- Volume control (Normal channel)
- Level, Ratio controls (Overdrive channel)
- Passive effects loop
- Pointer control knobs
- 4/8/16 ohm impedance selector switch
- 2-button w/ LED footswitch and cable
- Carling switches
- Cliff input jacks
- Cliff output jacks (2)
- Chassis external Bias test and adjust
- Dimensions: 21″W x 10″H x 10″D
- Weight: 36 lbs.
Note: All Granger amplifiers are custom built per order. Please see our Ordering page for more information and turnaround times.
1 in stock